Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April 4 - Little Trekkies


Space... The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. It's continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before.

~ Captain Picard Star Trek: The Next Generation

Why have a quote from TNG when all of these balloons are from the original series? Because Picard is my captain. Although I enjoyed the original series, Kirk was a swashbuckler - Picard was a commander, and watching this became somewhat of a ritual between friends in college.

Spock is one of the examples in Patrick Van de Ven's Little Guys balloon instruction PDF bonus section. Though there isn't too much to him outside of the basic form except for the ears and artwork, Patrick was able to hide the fatty lower part of the lobes completely and I couldn't figure out a way to do that without removing them completely and giving up the anchor point.

At first I was going to make the "Big 3", but nixed the idea because Bones would be too similar to Spock and I didn't have the right color/kind of balloons for Kirk.  I then had the crazy idea to make a red shirt and show him deflated - the fate of typical red shirt.

I finally settled in on Uhura, feeling she would be distinct enough and fun to place on the bridge.





Other Little Guys:


Show all

1 comment: