Wednesday, April 12, 2017

April 12 - Goofy


Gawrsh!

~ Goofy

Goofy is my favorite character from the "Big 3" -- and I thought to make him with Patrick Van de Ven's 'Little Guy' technique. There are a number of places I had to cheat to get it done though, and in the end, Goofy's snout area is much more pronounced and longer than this balloon concept allows for. Still, when I gave this away it was instantly recognizable.

... though I should have added his hat ...

From a Disney Wiki:
His original concept name was "Dippy Dawg" in cartoon shorts created during the 1930s; then his name was given as "George Geef" or "G.G. Geef" in cartoon shorts during the 1950's, implying that "Goofy" was a nickname. Contemporary sources, including the Goof Troop television show and A Goofy Movie, now give the character's full name to be Goofy Goof. The Goof Troop pilot also refers to 'G. G. Goof' on a diploma, likely a reference to the 1950's name.






Other Little Guys:


Show all

1 comment: