Saturday, April 22, 2017

April 22 - Skunk


Bambi: Flower!
Flower: Me?
Thumper: No, no, no, no! That's not a flower! He's a little...
Flower: Oh, that's all right. He can call me a flower if he wants to.  I don't mind.
Bambi: Purty. Purty *flower*!
Flower: Oh...Gosh.

 ~ Bambi (1942)

There are so many fantastic designs in Eric Weinstein's Sweet Cheeks #3 (link) - that I'm having a hard time getting off the page with them and creating something using the technique instead of just using his tutorials. I tried today though, I used a random animal generator to come up with something I hadn't built before, or at least in a while and ended up with a skunk.

My first attempt was with the brown nose.  It's got all the signs of a first attempt, the hair tuft is distracting, and the ears are too fox-like.  I was able to improve on it with the second build (pink nose), but there are still things that I would change if I had time to build it again.  The tail should be big and bushy and prominent like a squirrel's tail and the nose needs to be resting up higher..






Other Sweet Cheeks designs:


Show all






1 comment: