Sunday, April 9, 2017

April 9 - Patrick


When Big Larry came 'round, just to put him down,
SpongeBob turned into a clown,
And no girl ever wants to dance,
With a fool who went and -- ripped his pants.

~ Spongebob Squarepants Ripped Pants

I used Patrick Van de Ven's 'Little Guy' balloon concept to build Spongebob's best friend, Patrick Star.

... or ...

I made Patrick with Patrick.

Removing the ears required me to do use a little finesse because things didn't quite fit as easily, but the benefit of using a technique for a while is you can freestyle stuff like this.

I ended up liking the first one better with it's simple shorts and used it in most of the pictures.  Part of that is because I left "awkward bubble" visible in the one with bigger shorts, but mainly he lost a bit of air in his stomach and doesn't look as good without that chub.





Other Little Guys:


Show all

1 comment: