Saturday, April 8, 2017

April 8 - Little Rebel


My subject is War, and the pity of War.
The Poetry is in the pity ...
All a poet can do today is warn.

~ Wilfred Owen

These rebel pilots use Patrick Van de Ven's Little Guys technique.  I first made the one with the extra bit of helmet, but that didn't seem necessary and changed the shape of his head.  I was a little rushed when making them as I was getting some last minute practice in.

Tonight was the first of two performances for my choir - Benjamin Britten's War Requiem. I'll be honest that it took all of up until now for me to appreciate this piece. It was painful to practice, hammering away at a difficult and oftentimes harmonically sour phrase repeatedly, but hearing it in it's entirety is something more.

It is a massive work, with multiple orchestras and choirs - composed by Britten around the traditional Latin Mass and poems by Wilfred Owen to honor friends of his who either died in battle, or because of the horrors they had witnessed.





Other Little Guys:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. You are not only talented you are a wealth of knowledge on so many fronts... thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete