Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17 - Sweet Cheek Husky


Mittens: Think about it, Bolt: since you got lost, none of your superpowers are working, are they? For the first time, you're hungry, you're bleeding... I mean, do you really think that you were born with a birthmark in the exact shape of a lighting bolt?
Bolt: It's my mark of power, cat.

~ Bolt (2008)

I've been a fan of Eric Weinstein's work and balloon instructions for a while (a Wein-o?). I think I've built his designs more than anyone else on this blog, so when he released the third installment of his Sweet Cheeks balloon concept tutorial, it was an insta-buy for me.

You might say, "But cheeks have already been explored thoroughly on this blog". Well played ... well played. I will need to go back and make sure I have labelled them correctly to show up on the list, but these videos are Eric's ultimate and final installment in the series. To seal the lid on the project he started a private Facebook group for anyone who has purchased his tutorials as a place to share any future cheek-y ideas.

The instructions for this husky include a body, but it was a little small for the big beautiful face so I used John Justice's Adventure Pups balloon body which seemed to fit it better. I did try making it in a few other colors, but I think the pure white looks the cleanest when it's done.   Lastly, I made "Bolt" - opting for a simpler mouth and body.








Other Sweet Cheeks designs:


Show all

1 comment: