Friday, April 28, 2017

April 28 - Peacock


Guinnevere had green eyes
Like yours, mi'lady like yours
When she'd walk down
Through the garden
In the morning after it rained
Peacocks wandered aimlessly
underneath an orange tree
Why can't she see me?

Crosby, Stills & Nash - Guinnevere

This peacock uses the Eric Weinstein sweet cheeks method. The tutorials include a turkey, but I thought that would be a great candidate for a ... certain other day, so I decided to make this instead (though I didn't actually watch the turkey tutorial).

A peacock is actually one of three distinctions made in the Peafowl family. Peacocks are male, Peahens are female and the young are often referred to as Peachicks. As with most birds, the male peacock has more colorful plumage to display as it tries to attract a mate or fight off a rival.

I first made the smaller bill peacock, but I gave it away quickly and didn't get many pictures.  So I built a new one with a bigger beak and added the color spots to the tail.






Other Sweet Cheeks designs:


Show all








1 comment: