Thursday, April 20, 2017

April 20 - Sweet Cheeks Fish


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

~ Henry David Thoreau

I'm following another recipe from Eric Weinstein's Sweet Cheeks #3 - here is the fish.

This is one of the more difficult balloon animals to get a good picture of. The eyes on something cartoonish like this typically point forward, but the head does not rotate. So you either have a picture of just the face, or a sideways picture of it staring off camera.

Like with the previous post, Eric again demonstrates how to make a specific fish - Flounder. A base from which you could build a plethora of fish in similar fashion. I had spare blue and green hearts in my extras pile, so first I thought it might be fun to build one of those toothy fish from Finding Nemo with the light bait - hold on, looking up the name -- a Black Sea Devil. Well, I guess this then is a Green Sea Devil. Then with the blue I tried bulking up the form a little and giving it a spout to make a baby whale.





Other Sweet Cheeks designs:


Show all




1 comment: