Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April 18 - Sweet Cheeks Hermit Crab


I'd rather be shiny
Like a treasure from a sunken pirate wreck
Scrub the deck and make it look shiny
I will sparkle like a wealthy woman's neck
Just a sec, don't you know?
Fish are dumb, dumb, dumb
They chase anything that glitters, beginners
Here they come, come, come
To the brightest thing that glitters
My dinners

~ Moana Shiny

Here is the next offering from Eric Weinstein's Sweet Cheeks #3 (link) - the hermit crab.

Eric mentions in the video that this is one of the two designs that started the whole ball rolling on making cheek tutorials. I can see why he saved it for these, as the first two videos were geared a little more towards quick line work and these make for nicer sculptures.

My initial thought was to make Tamatoa (the crab from Moana - so shiney!) but when I took a look at some of the pictures, it has a substantially different shape - with eyes on stalks and a big jagged toothed mouth. So I made a lady friend for the shown design.

It isn't different from the main design with the exception of the colors and the flower addition to the shell, which actually gives it a little bit of a bonnet. But there is something painful to look at in the lady design for me, the big delicious heart balloons that I use are from Qualatex, but most of my kit balloons are Betallic, the pinks clash! - ow! my eyes!






Other Sweet Cheeks designs:


Show all




1 comment: