Sunday, June 18, 2017

June 18 - Loopy Devil


If you get down and you quarrel everyday
You're saying prayers to the devils, I say, wooh
Why not help one another on the way?
Make it much easier (just a little bit easier)

~ Bob Marley Positive Vibration

Tony Twist created the next balloon concept I'll be taking a look at - one of his newer releases entitled "Loop the Loop", available on his website (link).

This concept bears some similarities to his gigantic Embraceables line as it's a standing character - but the core design is very different and it's smaller, with the primary construction a hat (or at least worn on the head).  I'm not really fond of making head worn things, they tend to be problematic to take pictures of, so I'll be using the pattern for the character method and trying to come up with a few alternate ways to build the limbs.

This devil is the first he teaches.  I didn't change the limbs at all on this one, but it is missing the hat base.  Tony shows the design with the pitchfork accessory - I thought it might be amusing to have it walking a three-headed dog.

My photos have been suffering recently and I need to change something with my set up.  I had a problem with one of my lights and replaced it, but it's creating a bit of a yellow glow.  The picture above (one light off) is richer than the one on the left below (all lights on), but neither give the nice true colors of the photo that was taken outside.







Other designs by Tony:

Show all

1 comment: