Thursday, June 8, 2017

June 8 - Mater


Mater: I knew it! I knowed I made a good choice!
Lightning McQueen: In what?
Mater: My bes' friend.

Dadgum!  I recently got into my first ever fender bender (literally).  Someone with an extremely long bike rack backed up with no visibility as I was making a left turn and tore up my right fender.  The people at Gerber Collision were fantastic, accommodating and proactive in handling this fix - especially Frank who was in charge of my repairs, so I wanted to bring him a gift.

David Brenion shows how to build a giant sized Mater in his Rumble Truck tutorials, which I've built before, so to mix it up I thought I would try a mini sized version.

There are conveniences gained and lost in building things a different size, but I think it turned out pretty well.  It was instantly recognized by everyone there, but as "that truck guy from Cars". 😄








Other Rumble Truck designs:

Show all

1 comment: