Wednesday, June 21, 2017

June 21 - Loopy Cat


Siamese Cats have a way of staring at you. Those who have walked in on the Queen cleaning her teeth will know the expression.

~ Douglas Adams

Once again I got to experiment with some different limb styles for these Loop the Loop designs by Tony Twist and this cat.  Though Loop the Loops are primarily designed to be upright so it can attach to a hat base, you aren't so limited when creating a sculpture.

First I made the sitting cat using the form and colors Tony shows, but I thought I would try for a Siamese look with the standing form - in hindsight I should have probably made the cheeks beige as well.

Cats have a little extra bit to their legs that is tough to capture, they walk on their toes so it appears like there is an extra leg section that is actually the main body of their foot.  The feet I used don't really reflect that, they look like floppy socks to me.

This was a rare instance of getting a photo of our cat, Tosh - normally he wants nothing to do with balloons, but he was quite content to let me pet him in between attempts to take this photo of the cat council.






Other Loop the loop designs:

Show all

1 comment: