Sunday, June 25, 2017

June 25 - Loopy Fox


One day in the year of the fox
Came a time remembered well
When the strong young man of the rising sun
Heard the tolling of the great black bell

One day in the year of the fox
When the bell began to ring
Meant the time had come for one to go
To the temple of the king

~ Rainbow The Temple of the King

I love me some Ronnie James Dio.  I was fortunate enough to see him live a number of times in the later years.  I was crushed when he passed - but heard that old band mates of his are going to tour with his hologram (link) .... and I believe the top comment sums it up accurately for me. "That weird feeling of being both amazed and horrified at the same time."

The fox one of the few remaining designs from Tony Twist's Loop the Loop instructions.  He provides the main structure and I build in the appendages/tail - but this is the first time I'm happy with the tail.  Typically tails are not an easy thing to photograph as they are hidden behind a main structure and force either a sideways pose or some adjustment, this tail fit nicely wedged into the body shape sideways.







Other Loop the loop designs:

Show all


1 comment: