Friday, June 2, 2017

June 2 - Teacher's Appreciation Breakfast


If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

I was in the middle of my geo smorgasbord so I didn't get a chance to post this until now.

A couple weeks ago I was asked to create some balloon art to go along with the teacher's appreciation breakfast at our school.  The theme was "We are instruments of peace".

There is a luxury I enjoy in donating my services.  I generally have the freedom to build whatever I want, and allow the potential for last minute flaking out if work gets hectic.  I don't gauge my own value on someone willing to pay, or have to worry about whether or not people feel like they've gotten their value, and I don't concern myself with quotes/contracts/etc.

In general - I'm able to keep it as art.  I'm not saying a business isn't art, it's just easier for me.  Plus I can use them as images here!

This was another attempt at creating a miner mascot.  This is a peace miner column designed for the entrance to the event.






1 comment: