Monday, June 26, 2017

June 26 - Loopy Elephant


“We admire elephants in part because they demonstrate what we consider the finest human traits: empathy, self-awareness, and social intelligence. But the way we treat them puts on display the very worst of human behavior.”

~ Graydon Carter

Here is one of my first attempts in using Tony Twist's Loop the Loop concept to build something "off the page".

Each year I donate a balloon package to our school gala fundraiser, in previous years it was to provide balloons for an event, but this year we opted for a lower 'buy it now" price and offer multiple smaller balloon creations.  This is the first of these - an elephant as decoration for someone's first birthday party.  I was happy that the Loop the Loop concept could work so well for providing a nice larger sized model.

I built a prototype first and decided the ears were a bit small and I wanted to experiment with a nice Lima-twisted trunk that could hold a cake.   I think I had good success in the decision to have a separate balloon for the tip of the trunk because it could more easily be offset to provide a nice base.  I made a woven cake but it ended up a bit large and heavy, so i had to simplify with what you see here.






Other Loop the loop designs:

Show all



No comments:

Post a Comment