Friday, February 10, 2017

February 10 - Party Hats


“Some hats can only be worn if you're willing to be jaunty, to set them at an angle and to walk beneath them with a spring in your stride as if you're only a step away from dancing. They demand a lot of you.”
~ Neil Gaiman Anansi Boys

I mentioned yesterday that I got a last minute request for balloons at my youngest sons birthday party - we decided on party hats.

I should say thankfully we decided on party hats.  These do not take much time to put together at all, and they are as abstract/pure form creative play with balloons as you can get.

This idea and a few of these designs are from Addi Somekh's website and documents. As great as some of them turned out, I also had some stinkers - since the guests were occupied for most of the hour jumping on trampolines, I had plenty of time to make extras.

What I didn't have time for was doing anything too special with Purple today ...





Other posts with Addi's designs:


Show all

3 comments:

  1. That's a win, win. Fun for you and fun for them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always freeze up and don't know where to begin when I'm suppose to make anything abstract. More so if I'm trying to be quick. These are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But I feel the same way myself (and we are our own worst critics) - many of these are derivative of things Addi have shown in his 'Balloon Hat Kit' or on his website http://balloonhat.com/

      Also, don't be tricked into thinking they're all great - I only post my favorite pictures. Behind every good one are 2 or more terrible ones that I wouldn't dare show! ;)

      Delete