Saturday, February 25, 2017

February 25 - Wolverine


I'm the best there is at what I do but what I do best isn't very nice.

~ Wolverine

When mulling over superheroes to make, it occurred to me that the movie "Logan" opens in a week. Modern Wolverine has such a macho look compared to classic Wolverine and I thought it would give me an opportunity to play with the hair/ear style more.

Wolverine is a classic brooding antihero and perhaps one of the more deadliest superheroes, his power is extreme healing coupled with his claws - which were fused with adamantium (the hardest metal in the Marvel universe) by the Weapon-X program. He is a heavy drinker and smoker whose healing powers negate any long term side effects. He is also very long lived - and has learned a great deal over the years, including over 10 languages. In one training room session, Forge described his physical and mental state as "equivalent of an Olympic-level gymnast performing a gold medal routine while simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head."

I've been playing around with different hand styles as I've built Scott Lanham's beefcakes, and these are my favorite so far. I'm not sure they would work for everything, but they made great fists.  I ended up giving this away before I realized I didn't get a good picture of his sideburns ...




SNIKT-ets please!


Other posts with the Lanham's Beefcakes:


Show all

1 comment: