Thursday, February 23, 2017

February 23 - Mr. Incredible


That was totally wicked!

~ Boy on Tricycle The Incredibles

Pixar is amazing.  I loved "The Incredibles" - so often superhero stories get caught up in origin stories and traditional tropes, but this story was so much more.  Plus it carries with it that special sauce of being one of the movies I watched repeatedly with my children when they were young.

I tried building Mr. Incredible, once again using the larger Hulk-style of the Scott Lanham Beefcakes design.

When using the larger balloons for the body style, you should show some restraint or things get out of proportion.  There are a few things I wish I had done differently and would if I were to build this again, like his torso being too long.  This was also the first beefcake that I tried adding ears and hair too, but I ended up with a younger look than I was going for.  He looks more like a grown up Dash than an aging Mr. Incredible.

I did create another head to use, which looks a bit older with a receding hairline before I tried using ears as attachment points - but the rest of the face is ... real bad.  So I didn't like any of the pictures with it.



... and in time, who knows?  He might make a great sidekick...


Other posts with the Lanham's Beefcakes:


Show all

No comments:

Post a Comment