Thursday, February 9, 2017

February 9 - Stormtrooper Finn


Poe Dameron: Wha- why? Why are you helping me?
Finn: Because it's the right thing to do.
Poe Dameron: You need a pilot.
Finn: ... I need a pilot.

~ Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I wanted to put this into a separate post because I will be using this body type as a balloon concept as soon as I finish a few other posts. The head design is obviously from yesterday's Mr. Boma post, this body is from a design Scott Lanham taught in a webinar last year (link). I really like the large pecs, and though there are some similarities, I see it as an upgrade from the Ken Stillman superhero body type.

I don't know if any other balloon artists experience this, but my kids have had enough balloons. "Ugh, no Dad - I don't want balloons at my party" was what I heard repeatedly leading up to the event. My youngest was a big fan of The Force Awakens and FN-2187 in particular, if you asked him how he liked the movie he would invariably say "Finn for the win!"

I built this for him the morning of his birthday party and knowing that I frequently bring random balloons to businesses, he suggested that the people who work at Defy Gravity would probably really like to have it.

Perhaps he saw my face fall a bit, perhaps he heard a slight pause before my "okay", but it was then - the day of his party, that he said he wanted me to make some balloons at his party. But those I will have to share tomorrow...



Move along!

I'm full of meta-Kylo Ren's

Other posts with Scott's designs:


Show all










1 comment: