Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February 7 - 12 Petal Flower


The strangest thought came to me on this morning
As I awake to greet the coming dawn
The sun was hardly peaking through the garden
It felt that with everything I was one

Then I wished that I could come back as a flower

~ Stevie Wonder Come Back As A Flower

I was trying to find a good balloon to make as thanks to our office manager at work. I've tried to casually ask for a favorite animal or movie or something to no avail, so I figured flowers would be a safe choice.

This flower is one of Vyacheslav Andrienko's designs (link). Typical flowers are 6 or 7 petals, but Vyacheslav uses a method were you can somewhat reliably get 12 petals in a nice curved form.

It's a good technique but certainly requires some practice, when using that many flower petals cramped so closely together, they need to not only be the perfectly same size - but also have the same air pressure within the bubbles, or things start looking off.   I got close on a couple, but Vyacheslav was able to casually make them in the course of the video so I know it's possible. A couple of mine became 10 petal flowers...

Our fur baby was aggressively wanting attention, but not in a "take my picture" way.  This is the only shot where he is in focus.



Baby's breath?  No ... he use a pump.


Other posts with Vyacheslav's designs:
Show all

1 comment: