Friday, February 3, 2017

February 3 - Quad Lyle


Magician, Comic, Daredevil & Balloon Twisting Genius!

~ Christopher Lyle 

Inspiration for this was taken from the Gru I posted yesterday - I wanted to make another Quad-bod-with-legs and found a suitable (perhaps literally) target in Christopher Lyle.

 Christopher has been on this blog both as artist and target (Chibicoro and baby as well as some others) and inhabits the persona of the occasional blog guest, Yellow Pig. I feel I should point out that I have a great deal of respect for the talents and good, if sometimes crude, humor of Christopher.  He frequently posts self-deprecating photo caption contests, so I know he won't take this in a bad way.

In much the same way as I would analyze building an elephant or a warthog, I had to reduce Mr. Lyle to an object to list the specifics of what makes him, him. Yellow suit, red tie, bald, XXL.

I built the "big ear" ones first, but didn't like the look so I created more manageable ears to attach to the side. I also like the thinner leg look as it makes the belly stand out more prominently. I always worry that I'm going to mess up a balloon by drawing faces, so I took a couple attempts on scraps and came up with a toothy mischievous grin that I think works well.





Other posts with Quad-bod designs:


Show all

1 comment: