Wednesday, February 15, 2017

February 15 - Pancake Chef


Griddle cakes, pancakes, hot cakes, flapjacks: why are there four names for grilled batter and only one word for love?

~ George Carlin

On the last day of the book fair the school also held a pancake breakfast and wanted a "something balloon" leaving much of the details up to me. Again, the theme was Peace & Love - but I didn't want to build the same gigantic hearts I had in the previous year, nor do a bunch of random decorations because it's a huge space to fill and I was still busy with the last delivery piece for the book fair.

... and so the day before I decided on Pancake Man using a face design from Phileas Flash's Face of Things to Come. The original idea was to have a pancake mid-flip, but that never came together and so I built the stove to go along with him instead. I think the stove ended up being a good distraction for the "kids who couldn't resist touching". I tried a couple ideas for pancakes, people preferred the smoother look of a stuffed round.

I wish I had chosen either a different color for his shirt or a different color for his apron as they kind of get jumbled up in the images.





Other posts with Phileas' designs:


Show all

1 comment: