Saturday, February 11, 2017

February 11 - Sean's Car (1.0)


Kesse Ye Lolo De Ye (A seed’s a star)
Lolo Ye Kesse De Ye (A star’s a seed)
Diame, Diame (peace and more peace)

~ Stevie Wonder Kesse Ye Lolo De Ye

This week was the annual book fair at my sons school, and the second year that I've been asked to help decorate.

Last year the theme was Alice in Wonderland, so objects to build were plentiful -- this year's theme was "Peace, Love & Books". I was initially a bit stumped ... but I'll be showing over the next couple days what I came up with. All the pictures were taken on site, I didn't know if I was going to use them for this blog or not - but I'm pretty proud of a few of them.

I have been looking for a good excuse to build Sean Rogers car design (1.0 - he just recently released a 2.0 version). It's an elegantly rounded compared to some other designs I've seen, it worked great as a VW Bug convertible.  It's no wonder he has video of someone wearing it while doing flips on a trampoline, it's practically a tank. Dave is a good sport, and occasionally my Devin (reference). A couple times a year I get to dress him in something bizarre and/or humiliating while he directs traffic and draws attention to a school event.

The center of the hood was supposed to be white, but I popped it right as I was pulling it out of my van.  Thankfully I had some spare balloons and it was the center one so I didn't have to worry about color symmetry.




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful start to my morning!!! Love the car!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete