Wednesday, February 8, 2017

February 8 - Stormtrooper Helmet


"It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.
During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.
Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...."

~ Star Wars Episode IV opening crawl

Someone at the office asked if I would make them a stormtrooper.

I've made others before, cuties and bear heads, but they were on the simple side and I knew I wanted to build something a little more dazzling.  I watched Mr. Boma's stormtrooper helmet design on YouTube while ago, but never tried building it until now.

Mr. Boma always does a fantastic job and shows very clearly how to build things, but one of the things I appreciate about his videos is he oftentimes includes more than the how, and adds the "why" he does things a certain way.  You can tell a lot of playing and planning went into making things efficient and accurate.






Other posts with Mr Boma's designs:


Show all





2 comments:

  1. Nicely done, thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was late, I was sleepy - but I was planning on adding a caption and hadn't worked out the wording yet. Something along the lines of "you have a little something on your helme.... OH MY GOD!"

    ReplyDelete