Thursday, February 2, 2017

February 2 - Gru


One big unicorn, strong and free, thought he was happy as he could be. Then three little kittens came around and turned his whole life upside down. They made him laugh, they made him cry. He never should have said goodbye. And now he knows he can never part from those three little kittens that changed his heart.

~ Gru (reading the book he wrote)
  Despicable Me

I was playing around with Jeffrey Hayes quad bod form while my son was at his dance class. I tend to have limited colors in my car spares balloon bag, but with a blush and a black it occurred to me to try Gru.

I started out with the traditional quad bod form, but this design really calls out for skinny toothpick legs.

The nose was the biggest struggle of the design, I tried a few attempts at drawing before giving up.  I think the puff inflated balloon works well, but there is not much control you have when placing it.  It was lined up pretty straight before drying, but then went a little wonky on me.






Other posts with Quad-bod designs:


Show all

2 comments: