Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February 28 - Derek's Turtles



I first met Derek when he hosted one of Steve Klein's webinars, where he showed us how to build his Qualatex color contest winning ogre design. Recently I purchased his PDF, Think Outside The Tube, which he created for release at this years Kapital Kidvention. I was not able to attend, so I am glad he made these available to everyone afterwards.

It's a very well produced PDF and magazine full of designs that explore building with alternate balloons; geos, 321s, hearts, mousehead. Some of these ideas I have seen explored elsewhere, but this is a good place to start if you are unfamiliar with these balloon types and want some fun creations to add to your repertoire. I believe this turtle is the crowning jewel of the bundle, I have built a lot of them on this blog -- this might be the best yet. There is a list at the bottom so you can judge.

I made the rainbow version to bring into the office today.







Other turtles:


Show all

1 comment: