Saturday, February 4, 2017

February 4 - Quad Pig

Piglet: "How do you spell 'love'?"
Winnie the Pooh: "You don't spell it...you feel it."

~ A. A. Milne

As I mentioned earlier, with every design concept possible - I'm going to try and build a version of Purple Pig.  Here is my attempt using Jeffrey Hayes quad bod technique.

You can see that I had fun playing around with different ways to build this, and there were quite a few more made than are posted here.  The quad bod is such a simple and effective form that I would make them in the car while waiting at various son activities to be given away on the way home  The bottom photo was taken (with his brother, unpictured) into the dance studio to pick him up for a few of the ladies who work there to thank them for the amazing pictures of the TWIRL balloon art they used for their photo shoot last week..

I thought I was liking the split eyes, but now that I'm looking at the images, I think I prefer the basic quad bod form, it's cuter in it's simpleness.  Splitting the eyes also had the negative effect of needing to pull down the center and made everything tight and explode-y at times.






Other posts with Quad-bod designs:


Show all

1 comment: